Diving Terms and Conditions
(T&C FIT 051902)
OrcaNation Pte Ltd Terms and conditions for all dive activity bookings, and dive-related bookings:
DIVE ACTIVITY - BOOKINGS MADE IN ADVANCE
- All divers must complete a PADI medical form before diving activity commences.
- Open Water students must be able to swim 200m unaided, and comfortable in the water. For safety reasons, this will be tested prior to your dive experience.
- Change of date(s) for pool practical or dive trip is permitted only with a minimum of 2 weeks’ advanced notice, subject to availability and additional charges may apply (as stated below).
- Postponement of any pool session less than 1 week from the scheduled date will be charged at SGD $100.00 (or equivalent local currency) per change, per participant.
- Any additional pool sessions deemed necessary by the instructor will be charged at SGD $125.00 (or equivalent local currency) per participant, per session.
- Where pool sessions are impacted by weather, alternative sessions will be scheduled where possible.
- Schedules mentioned on our website are subject to change without prior notice and subject to availability.
- OrcaNation Instructors have complete discretion to refuse any diving participation of guests possibly under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- OrcaNation instructors have the right to reduce the length of a diving activity if guests are not respecting environmental rules or adhering to safe diving practices.
- OrcaNation dives with a maximum ration of 2 to 4 divers per OrcaNation Dive Professional, depending on the activity and level of certification.
- Our instructors teach in English. At some of our dive centres, with advanced notice instructors with Bahasa Indonesia, Chinese or Japanese language skills are available, subject to availability.
- Dive Insurance is mandatory for all customers diving with OrcaNation and can be purchased through OrcaNation ahead of diving.
- For bookings including accommodation, these are subject to the T&Cs of our partner hotels or yachts (available on request).
- Guests should not fly or reach an altitude of above 300m for at least 24 hours after repetitive dives over consecutive days or 18 hours following multiple dives and 12 hours following a single dive.
- OrcaNation and its subsidiaries will strictly comply with the ruling Personal Data Protection Acts as relevant for the country and territory it operates in.
- Dive courses and programmes are costed per location, any changes to the delivery of diving activity or courses are subject to additional charges. (for example, if you choose to complete any unused dives or courses originally booked at Rawa Island at our Komodo location, additional fees will occur).
- Cancellations of any courses / dive activities outside of one (1) month of course commencement will be refunded at 75% of the total dive activity cost. If PADI online material has been redeemed, this is reduced to 50%.
- Cancellation of any course(s) / dive activities within one (1) month of course commencement will be refunded 50% of the total dive activity cost. If PADI online material has been redeemed, this is reduced to 25%.
- There will be no refund for courses / dive activities cancelled within 1 week of activity commencement.
- For AYANA Lako D'ia bookings, cancellations between 31-60 days incur a 50% penalty of the dive package booked and 100% penalty of the dive package booked for cancellations within 30 days of departure
- Any refunds outside of our terms will be subject to a claim on the guests Insurance Company. We are happy to provide a letter, which can be given to the insurer as proof of loss, though OrcaNation cannot be held accountable if the claim is rejected for whatever reason. OrcaNation is not responsible for any charges caused by the transfer process in the event of a refund and if there is any alteration of the exchange rate. A no-show for whatever reason, including but not limited to, flight delays, illness, or missing a scheduled dive time will mean a loss of payment and no refund.
- For closed port situations or bad weather, exchange products and/or other alternatives will be offered. Rainy or cloudy weather is no valid reason for cancellation, and we strictly follow harbour master and recommendations on when to cancel a tour.
- For walk-in sales at an OrcaNation Dive Centre, no refund will be given for no-shows or cancellations unless a medical letter is provided (in which case a refund nett of any PADI costs will be provided)
- For walk-in sales at an OrcaNation Dive Centre, where an individual requests cancellation the day before the activity and is unable to postpone, a refund will be given (nett of any PADI fees or other costs already incurred).
- In case of refunds, OrcaNation will refund via original payment method and not be liable for any charges of FX losses.
- Cancellation fee may be waived if guests choose to book alternative activity (dependent on availability / value).
- No refunds will be given where a guest appears to be under the influence of drink or drugs prior to activity commencement and the OrcaNation Dive Professional has safety concerns
- If a diver does not follow OrcaNation dive principals under and out of the water, and does not respect environmental rules or adhere to safe diving practices, no refund will be given where the dive duration is shortened.
- OrcaNation is not liable for failure to perform their obligations if such failure is as a result of Acts of God (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane, volcanic ash cloud, or other natural disaster), war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, terrorist activities, nationalization, government sanction, blockage, embargo, labor dispute or strike.
- Payment must be made prior to the commencement of any dive course or dive activity. Please make sure you have fully completed the PADI medical statement before making payment, making sure any medical clearance has been received from a relevant medical professional if required.
- Prices quoted are where payment is made directly to OrcaNation bank accounts. Any charges incurred for bank transfer are payable by the payer.
- Where payments are made via a third party (such as an agent independent to OrcaNation), their payment terms will apply.
- Listed prices at OrcaNation Dive Centres may differ to those published on this website or provided in advance. For walk-in sales, prices displayed at OrcaNation Dive Centres apply.